MVIRS is a Microsoft Windows ® program designed for Pennsylvania licensed inspection stations to make recording safety inspections fast and compliant.
With a barcode scanner, you can get the owner and vehicle information directly from the PA Owner Registration card, saving valuable time. To keep things simple, MVIRS uses a single screen to capture all inspection results. When the inspection is complete, you can print an attractive report for the customer, reinforcing the professional appearance of your business.
One of the main benefits of MVIRS is that it computer-prints the MV-431 and MV-480 inspection record pages required for safety audits. It keeps track of the number of unprinted inspections of each type, and prompts you to print the next page after 10 inspections have been completed. You can keep inspection records in a 3-ring binder, ready whenever an audit might occur. Of course, you can reprint pages for QAO’s or State Police at any time, for any current or historic campaign year.
- You can use MVIRS to start every job you do, whether or not an inspection will be performed.
- MVIRS automatically inserts the customer and vehicle into your shop management system, even if it’s not open.
- It allows you to set up a new repair order (RO), or add an inspection job to an existing RO.
- MVIRS lets you easily calculate the inspection record ‘Total Cost Plus Tax’. Choose safety-related parts and labor from an MVIRS-provided list of all RO items and the total is calculated automatically.
- Inspection results are automatically added to the RO when the inspection is finished.
- Supported shop management systems include Mitchell 1 Teamworks SE and ShopKey Teamworks SE, as well as Quickbooks Pro 2012 and better.
(NOTE: Sample reports contain fictitious information)
- MV-431 Inspection Record (Annual/Semi-Annual)
- MV-480 Inspection Record (Trailers/Motorcycles)
- Sticker Usage
- Replacement Stickers
- Voided Stickers
- Customer Inspection Report
- Inspection Check List
- Visual Anti-Tampering Results
- MV-443 Certified Safety Inspection Mechanics
- MV-516 Certified Emission Inspectors
- You can e-mail inspection reminders directly from MVIRS with a single click for all customers for which you’ve recorded e-mail addresses.
- MVIRS can also print mailing labels, which you can affix to pre-printed postcards. Inspection reminder mailing labels contain the customer name and address, vehicle description and month inspection due.
- Additionally, you can print general purpose mailing labels for all or alphabetic groups of customers containing name and address only. Use these labels to advertise specials, send holiday greetings, etc.
- When you receive a sticker batch from PennDOT, record it in MVIRS by entering the first sticker number and quantity. Each time an inspection is finished, the next available sticker is assigned from the current batch. MVIRS automatically begins using the next sticker batch when the last sticker of the current batch has been assigned.
- You can void a sticker on a completed inspection, and optionally tell MVIRS to assign the next available sticker to that inspection.
- Additionally, you can mark a single sticker, or a group of stickers missing, stolen or unused.
- MVIRS can print the MV-436A (sticker order form) with all information included.
- To help you avoid over-ordering stickers, MVIRS can estimate the number of stickers required to complete the current campaign year. Estimates are based on your shop’s sticker issuance in the previous year.
- Scan the owner’s card.
- Record the insurance.
• If the insurance has already been entered for another vehicle and the expiration date is correct, select it.
• If expired, renew for six-months or one-year with a single click.
• Otherwise, record a new insurance policy by entering NAIC code, policy number and expiration date.
- Enter the inspection results: visual anti-tampering (if applicable), general inspection points, tread depths and brake thicknesses/types.
- Select the inspector’s name.
- Click Finish to allocate the next available sticker and add the inspection to the MV-431 or MV-480 Inspection Record.