The simple answer is, “call us.” We’ll be happy to remote into your computer to install and configure the program for you. Alternatively, you can install MVIRS yourself as follows:
- Download MVIRS. MVIRS will save the setup program ‘MVIRS_Setup.exe’ in the Downloads folder on your hard drive.
- Run the setup program as follows:
• Right-click the Windows Start button and choose File Explorer.
• Navigate to the Downloads folder.
• Double-click MVIRS_Setup.exe and follow the on-screen prompts to install.
- Run MVIRS by clicking the new red and black “checkmark” icon on your desktop. As a result, MVIRS displays three options:
First-time installation. If you’re installing MVIRS for the first time, choose this option, and accept the default database location.
Installation on a second or subsequent computer. Use this option when you’re installing or re-installing any computer and the MVIRS database already exists. MVIRS will ask you to navigate to and select the database file named ‘mvirs.mdb’. NOTE: If the database is located on a different computer, you must first map a network drive to the location of the database.
Re-installation of the primary MVIRS computer. Choose this option if you’ve lost the hard drive or experienced some other major system failure. MVIRS will restore the database from an existing backup file.
- You’ll need to enter your shop information into the database after ‘First-time installation’. For further information, click Help, Contents, and review the following topics:
• Before Your First Inspection
• Inspection Station Information
• Performing New Inspections
Tip: Click Print in the Help screen for a hard copy that you can follow as you configure a new database and record your first inspection.